Friday, January 30, 2015

The Chronicles of EB: Norm & the Over-sized Button-Up | One Month Old | Watch EB Grow

Hello, my photography fans! WELCOME, to the newest (and first!) blog series for KCP. When I found out I was pregnant, well let's face it, even before I was pregnant, I knew I would have to figure out a Watch Me Grow series for my littles. The ever so lovely Amanda of Amanda Hedgepeth Photography was my initial inspiration for doing a series on the blog. Sure I thought about doing the typical sticker watch me grow deal but when I got serious about my photography with nice equipment, I vowed I would use it for my personal life and it wouldn't just sit in my camera bag waiting for the next session.




SO enter Eli into my life. I was convinced I was having a girl when I got pregnant so when I found out my baby was a boy, I was thrown for a loop and of course ecstatic. I thought and thought and thought and could NOT figure out for the life of me what I wanted to do to watch my baby grow. Amanda has used a sweater and heels for her girls... obviously that idea wouldn't work for my boy and clearly I wanted to be unique and not be a copy cat. Eli was born via c-section so the first few weeks, I was wrapped up in my own recovery as my husband and I did everything on our own (which was our choice, family came when E was two weeks old!). So when December 11th came rolling around and he was a month old I figured I would just take some photos of him in a simple outfit in his nursery with a blanket. Then later that day I was cleaning up our bedroom and found Norm. My husband gave me Norm after he won him at one of those cheesy fair games at the NJ State Fair the first summer we were dating (circa 2006!). I've kept it all these years and thought, that would be so cool to watch E grow next to Norm. THEN as I was doing laundry I saw the collection of button ups my husband has and never wears and thought, Hmm, that could work and be super cute. THUS, Norm and the over-sized button up was born!! So with out further ado the first installment of Norm & the Over-sized Button-up in the Watch EB Grow Blog Series!!








 





This is him telling me he was over it hehe

No comments: