Monday, January 26, 2015

B.Family | Fredericksburg, VA

When I got out of the car at the beginning of this session, I immediately thought, WOW these ladies are beautiful! It's not every day that I have a family with older kids so this was a fun change. Usually I am jumping around, yelling silly things and squeaking my Shutter Buddy to get the kiddos attention. This session, I didn't even have to say smile! It was kind of fun to be able to REALLY concentrate on styling the shot, looking for the best light and angle and getting tack sharp photos!





Anywho, this lovely family lives the military lifestyle. My husband and I met them through our neighbor last year and when Mom contacted me I completely forgot we had met.  It wasn't until we ran into our neighbor at the mall that they mentioned I was doing their photos that I put two and two together. These guys also happen to be one of our neighbors! Love how word of mouth works for my business!

While Mom, Dad and the youngest live here in VA, the two older sisters attend college in sunny, warm places. One is in Hawaii and the other sunny Southern California! Needless to say I was a bit jealous they were getting ready to head back to school in warmer places. I also had to giggle a bit when they were constantly shivering, even though in their defense it was a rather cold and a bit windy of a day. Oh how I miss SoCal!!

While the sisters were getting ready to head back to college, Dad is getting ready for the military to take him away from his family for 13 months for an overseas assignment. Mom and little sis will stay in the area so she can finish high school. So these photos meant a lot to Mom since everyone will be separated for the next year or so, not to mention that these were the first professional family photos in 4 years! It was an honor to capture this family together before they all go their separate ways for a while.

This is a family that loves their football!
Well friends I hope you enjoyed these photos as much as me. This was a great session to kick off my 2015 and I am looking forward to what this year brings for my little business. I hope to blog more, yes I say this all the time but this time I mean it. And with my son now, my time is managed way differently and I actually need to hunker down and WORK when I have a minute to myself and am WAY more productive than I use to be. So funny how that works haha



No comments: