Wednesday, August 5, 2015

T.Family | New River Military Homecoming | New River Homecoming Photographer

I've photographed my fair share of homecomings but nothing like this one. This was my first time experiencing a homecoming at an air station where the Marines flew in as we stood and watched! An emotional homecoming for sure as I sat and watched Momma and her little guy welcome home their Marine.


Like I said, I've never been to a homecoming like this. I was blown away, by both the emotion and the wind from the aircraft. Now I'm not sure of the lingo as far as the air wing goes so I was a bit out of my element. This Marine Wife knew her stuff though. She was throwing out terms and such that I had no idea what it referred to! The names of the aircraft coming in was a whole new ball game too. She basically had to tell me her husband was in one of the biggest of the helicopters. haha I was just in awe watching them fly in formation and land, and then how they all moved to another part of the runway.

I thought it was so fun that she had her friends there for her!
These guys had quite the support system there for the homecoming!

Her reaction when we first saw them flying in in formation! So much emotion!!

It was very emotional through all of it. The ups and downs were huge! We saw them in the distance and watched as they flew in, every one cheered and I had chills. They landed and just sat there while we watched the rest of the aircraft fly in. They moved into their positions. Then you saw the Marines exit the different aircraft and move into formation, another emotional high. Then we had to wait for AALLLLL the Marines to get into formation, this meant watching the Marines from the far corners of the runway area walking, then running with all their gear to get to the formation so they could see their family! Then they FINALLY moved up to right in front of the families, another emotional high. They were RIGHT THERE! There were a few families who had babies that were meeting dad for the first time, so they were allowed to leave formation first and meet their babies waiting in front of the rest of the families. THEN, they were dismissed!

This momma and little guy had their Marine back in their arms, FINALLY!!

Finally saw daddy!!

No comments: